ECCC Fan FAQs
ADA Assistance Program
Emerald City Comic Con is welcoming to individuals of all abilities and is a fully accessible event. We are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure full access and we encourage all feedback and suggestions in order to improve your experience.
The following explains all accommodations provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions, please email us at ECCCADA@reedpop.com. We will do our very best to help you have an epic experience.
There is an ADA dedicated entrance at Pine Street that will be available all day during each show day.
ReedPop provides ADA stickers to individuals who may have mobility, physical, vision, hearing, cognitive, psychological, or any other type of disabilities that may not be visible. An ADA sticker identifies you to Staff, Crew, and Security and indicates that you may need additional assistance.
Please note that the ADA sticker does not provide admission, you must have a valid badge.
**ADA stickers are for the use of one individual only throughout the course of Emerald City Comic Con 2023. ADA stickers cannot be redistributed, resold or reallocated. Failure to comply with this will result in revocation of your badge without refund and the inability to attend future ReedPop events.**
We provide priority seating for fans with disabilities as available. All seating for panels and screenings are on a first come, first served basis and we cannot guarantee seating for everyone.
Guests with disabilities should plan to arrive to a panel at least 30 minutes prior to the event so that we can best accommodate you. Keep in mind that all of our events are very popular and we will make every effort to help you access the panels that are important to you.
ADA DESK AT REGISTRATION
There will be ADA Desk at Registration. Here you can:
- Obtain your ADA sticker.
- Ask any questions regarding accessibility for the event and/or convention center or other venues.
- Learn about other accessibility services provided at the show.
ADA STICKER POLICY
- ADA stickers are valid for all days of the event.
- Please DO NOT remove the sticker from your badge for the duration the event.
- One companion sticker will be issued for each ADA patron; exceptions will be made for families with young children.
- If a guest wants to switch their companion, please visit any of the ADA Desk at registration for assistance.
If you would like to request ASL Interpretation for any performance, please contact us at ECCCADA@reedpop.com. Keep in mind, requests must be made no later than two weeks before the event to allow for sufficient processing time.
The deadline to request ASL Interpretation and/or other forms of effective communication will be updated closer to the show.
WHEELCHAIR AND SCOOTER RENTAL
Access Medical Equipment
7612 Aurora Avenue North
Phone - 206-365-7700
Access Mobility Systems
7202 Evergreen Way
Everett, WA 98203
Phone - 425-353-6563 and 800-854-4176
Wheels for Feet
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue; however, this DOES NOT include:
- Emotional support animals
- Therapy animals
- Companion animals
Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be allowed into the event and provided with the appropriate credentials.
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area.
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
- All animals should have legally required vaccinations.
ATMs & Concessions
All ATMs and concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please speak with an ECCC staff member.
We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, indicated on the event maps and in the Mobile App. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
Special Dietary Needs
ECCC will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond the event food service, please contact us at ECCCADA@reedpop.com for further information.
For more information on how to navigate conventions with a disability, checkout this guide from our friends at Popverse.